I do not want my password to appear at login when connecting to facebook. it only does it with firefox, not when login in with internet explorer
every time I login to facebook, my password shows up in x's and lets me go right into fb. anyone who knows my email can just login. it does not happen when i use internet explorer. i have changed my password when logging on with firefox and it keeps showing x's. it does not matter what computer i am on. i have the box unchecked to not keep me logged in. what can i do so i have to type my password in at login and so password does not automatically appear.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Recipe Hub Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello meliaz8590, use the firefox password manager to remove any passwords that got saved for the site - Password Manager - Remember, delete, change and import saved passwords in Firefox
There are a few different ways a login form could get filled in.
(1) Saved Passwords feature
You can clear a saved login in the Options dialog here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Security > "Saved Passwords" button
Alternately, when you're on the login page itself, you can get to that dialog using
Page Info > Security "View Saved Passwords"
Page Info is available from the Tools menu or the right-click menu.
(2) Form history feature
You can turn this off on the following tab if you do not want to use this feature:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Privacy
When you have Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" there is a checkbox for "Remember search and form history"
To delete specific entries, usually you can click in the field and all history for that field will appear in a drop-down. Arrow down and use Shift+Delete to remove those entries. I don't know whether there is a way to mark that form field NOT to be saved.
(3) Add-on or external password manager or form filler
If you have an add-on, it usually will show up under your Extensions, where you often can find an Options button:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category