Recently downloaded the most recent version of Firefox. I then attempted to use the "search" function. I can type the subject into the search bar space, but when "search" is clicked, there's no response.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
hello, please try to install the search reset addon & restart firefox afterwards: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Is this happening with the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar or searching otherwise?
- searching via the location bar (pref: keyword.URL)
- search bar on the Navigation Toolbar
- search bar on the about:home page (pref: browser.search.defaultenginename)
- other search bar (e.g. added by extension)
You can also check the browser.search.defaultenginename pref on the about:config page and make sure that it is set to the default value Google.
Thanks, folks! The "reset" fixed the problem.