Recently downloaded the most recent version of Firefox. I then attempted to use the "search" function. I can type the subject into the search bar space, but when "search" is clicked, there's no response.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
hello, please try to install the search reset addon & restart firefox afterwards: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Is this happening with the search bar on the Navigation Toolbar or searching otherwise?
- searching via the location bar (pref: keyword.URL)
- search bar on the Navigation Toolbar
- search bar on the about:home page (pref: browser.search.defaultenginename)
- other search bar (e.g. added by extension)
You can also check the browser.search.defaultenginename pref on the about:config page and make sure that it is set to the default value Google.
Thanks, folks! The "reset" fixed the problem.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.