When I start my computer everyday and try to open Firefox it takes me 30 sec to open. And the most annoying thing when I am in a rush trying to open 2 tabs at the same time it takes so long. It does this every time I upgrade please help,.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Also it freezes as you can see and not responding and 10 sec later after it works.
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
Have you checked your settings for startup? in your Options > Tabs, is the checkbox Dont' load tabs until selected checked? If not, Firefox will open all your tabs, when starting - and that can be quite a lot to chew through.
See more here: Startup, home page, tabs, and download settings
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!