I have updated to Java 10.13.2.20, I have enabled it, but still it won't work and I need to know why.
After the previous version was auto-disabled for secutiry reasons, I updated to this version upon prompting by firefox, it does not carry the same secutity warning and shows as enabled both in the add-ons section and under options/options/content. However, I'm still told by most websites including my webmail that Java is not enabled and therefore the sites will not function properly. The options for temporarily enabling Java as suggested in the FAQs do not appear, including the red brick icon in the address bar.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
have you tried this article: Use the Java plugin to view interactive content on websites ?
Surely you can test with online tools your version of java installed, but sounds like you have problems with multiple versions installed. Could you try removing any older Java versions that may still be installed?
For more information, visit How do I uninstall Java on my windows computer on java.com .
More details you can find in the article above.