running 18.0.1. constant NOT RESPONDING issue. what is the real way to fix this?
none of the previous solutions mentioned this version. also many people complained about the fix being only temporary.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.529
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Maybe you can provide more information,
- when do you see this message ?
- perhaps include a screenshot How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Have you tried using Firefox's safe mode does that prevent the messages appearing ?
(Not intended as a fix, just a first troubleshooting step)
a miracle has happened ! the only thing i did was add Adblock Plus from mozilla and i havent had any problems since (or ads on facebook).
the message is on the top bar, the whole thing stalls out for about 30 seconds but then comes back on. screen goes grey and nothing can be done but wait.
Maybe you have some form of malware/adware or some odd toolbar inadvertently installed. It looks like Adblock plus has solved the problem for now.
In addition to a sceenshot of the problem looking at the error console may give some clue as to what is happening. (If you can reliably reproduce the problem after first clearing all the error messages)
- use keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + J
This problem is a chronic disease in firefox, and I've tried all the ways, but I could not find a solution.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.