why does my history only record my last session,It stopped recording all of my history a few days ago.
Starting a few days ago my history only records my last browsing session.In other words it only records today's history.I am doing a research project and need all of my history.I uninstalled Firefox and loaded it again last night.When I checked today,yesterdays history is not there.So my history feature does not work,how do I restore this feature so that all of my history is recorded.I went into the settings and made sure that it is set to record all of my browsing history.The setting is correct.Would it be possible that I have a virus that is preventing this?
I would like to keep Firefox but if this cannot be fixed I will have to install another browser and I would not like to do this as I have been a Firefox user since 2005.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode and that you keep the history.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Browsing History"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.