Some web sites not working in FF but they are OK in Safari.
A couple of times lately I have had web sites not work correctly with Firefox. I need to switch to Safari to complete the tasks I needed to do. My FF is running on Mountain Lion and is up to date.
Additional System Details
- Version 188.8.131.5292
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 http://www.musicnotes.com
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello michaeljt, the sites you have problem, is it with a lot of flash content ?
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
See if this helps solve the issues you had and please report back to us!
Can you clarify in what way those websites aren't working properly?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.