Why is Firefox painfully slow/unresponsice when I return from a website to a search list?
If I do a search, and open a website off the search results in Firefox, then close the website to return to the list, Firefox is completely unresponsive for a period - won't return to the pointing hand, just an arrow, which does nothing. It has been like this for a while. I thought it might be Kaspersky 2013, but switching it off makes little difference. It is so slow that it makes Firefox almost unusable.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Sorry - doesn't solve the problem. And now, when I turn off Kaspersky, it goes even more slowly!!
Firefox is to slow .
slow slow slow
have 32gb memory , 4 core cpu , intel ssd .
I have uninstalled Kaspersky (licence expired now anyway) and installed Norton. It is not so bad as when Kaspersky was in use, but is still slow.