Hi, I can't get Firefox to work with "ScreenPrint Platinum". It has worked for a year and longer. However, now it does not accept commands via "prtScn" key .
I'm currently using version 184.108.40.206 of ScreenPrint Platinum and it works fine with Safari and Goggle Chrome, but I prefer Firefox. Has a change been made with later versions of Firefox. I'm using version 18.0.2 and would appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Richard
Additional System Details
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Do you know whether ScreenPrint installs an add-on into Firefox? If so, it's possible that during an update it became disabled. You could check that theory here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
Note that disabled extensions are "grayed out" and listed at the bottom after all the enabled extensions.
As far as I know, Firefox does not intercept the PrtScn key for its own purposes, but it's possible that another add-on is doing that. Or if you have interacted with a Flash player in the current page, the player may be intercepting it.
If you need a Firefox-specific workaround, you can try this extension: Fireshot.