Geek squad deleted bookmarks, import date does not go back far enough, any other way to get them back?
I called the geek squad after I found out my bookmarks were gone after they worked on my computer, they said no way to get them back, I looked at the import date the earliest date to go back was Jan 20.2013 I need it to go back further, I went to the start button & typed in bookmarks,in the search and files box, I got a partial list of my old bookmarks but only about a third of them & some of them were ones I previously deleted & I need some of my other ones & they are not listed here either, so I want to know if there is anyway possible to get them back. I am using Firefox 18.0.2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
How did they delete your bookmarks? Did they reinstall your Operating System, create a new Firefox profile, etc? You can try looking for an old Profile (Recovering important data from an old profile) or running something like Recuva to see if you can find the old file. Note for the future, if you need repair done on your computer, don't use Geek Squad, use a reputable LOCAL repair shop.
I honestly don't know what he did I did not get a print out of what he did he entered everything on line, just had me pay the bill, I called originally for the Java issues, I had many on my computer & couldn't get them deleted & uninstalled, & he said he updated a lot of stuff, I am not that computer literate so I was at a loss