Keepass hot key does not work with Firefox (18.0.1) but seems to work with Chrome
New user of Keepass but not or Firefox. Keepass works correctly except seems to not get the hot key. I have tried an alternate hot key but still no result. Autotype is fine. Another user who runs both Chrome and Firefox and is a long time Keepass user tried it as well. Did not work on Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Have you tried contacting Keepass to see if their plugin requires updating?
I have solved the problem by installing the "Hostname in titlebar" extension to Firefox and carefully editing the string which KeePass uses to match the title in the window. Based on the fact that the hot key now works, I conclude that it was a KeePass configuration problem. Initially I thought KeePass might not be seeing the hot key.