Mozilla plug-in checker halts with error msg; unable to update Acrobat, Shockwave Flash, Java, Metastream.
Desktop running XP Media Centre Edition, Firefox 18.0.1. Acrobat 220.127.116.11 plug-in generates warnings, suggests update needed. Shockwave Flash 10.1.85.3 is vulerable and needs update. Java SE 7 U 4 is vulnerable and has been disabled and caution suggested when using. Metastream 18.104.22.168 is disabled. Plug-in checker does not complete check; reports error, try again later. Very frustrating when Firefox disables plug-ins, yet won't let you update them!
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The plugin check page is having some bugs today. In the meantime, use http://ninite.com/flash-java-reader/ninite.exe to update your software.
Thanks for the help. Problem has been fixed. It's nice to have a "community" supporting us. I like FF primarily because it's not from M$. (I still have one machine running OS/2! Wish we had some FF ports so I could go online with it.)
Thanks again, Tylerdowner.