AVG wanted to mess around with Firefox's "Website Display settings" or something like that, in order to utilize Firefox for my internet speed. I accidentally accepted, and Firefox has seemed to become slower (or I'm paranoid). I can't figure out what AVG did, and I'm hoping somebody might know.
Here's a word for word copy of what it said:
"The Firefox settings for website display are not optimal for the Internet connection selected in your profile, or for your computer.
Our recommendation: Your browser settings should correspond to your Internet connection and your computer's performance to enable you to surf the Internet at the highest possible speed.
If you apply this recommendation, AVG PC TuneUp automatically runs all necessary optimizations for you."
So any ideas on what AVG could have changed? I'll try providing any other information needed.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I always check out this website before buying tuneup utilities - www.microsoftmac.com - My personal favourite is AVG PC tuneup because it's absolutely packed with features and doesn't drain your cpu resources.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.