I am a nurse, I use Firefox for MUMMS charting. I am not able to enter, or look at a new admission. Please help!!!
I entered an admission in my computer, and when I closed the visit and syncronized the visit, the admission for my patient disappeared---forever!! I did this twice and then did the admission on my husband's PC. When admission was completed, I closed the visit and syncronized the visit. I was able to view the admission on my husband's PC, and my coworkers were able to view the admission on their computers. I, however, was NOT able to view the admission on my laptop. When I bring up the patient's name I see a chart with nothing in it. I also show another visit for that patient that is opened with nothing in it. On my husband's computer I have no additional opened visit. I can chart on admissions already in the computer with no problem. I MUST use my laptop because I am a hospice nurse and I am on the road all day. MUMMS can be entered offline and then syncronized later. I called the teacher for MUMMS and she said this is a technical issue and thought that you might be able to connect into my computer to see what is going on. I do not want to post this question, it is too complicated and important. Thank you, Vicki Asaro
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Unity Player 3.5.6f4
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.12) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.12
Hi Vicki, when you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(1) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
You also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now"
This may take a few minutes if you have accumulated a lot of cached files.
(2) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first) using the following dialog. While viewing a page on the site:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page and logging back in. Will the data load?
Note: this is a public site, so definitely don't post information on connecting to your laptop here!
I had a second thought about the above: clearing your cache and cookies could affect "local storage" used for local data entry. It really depends on how the MUMMS application is set up. Can you print those un-sync'd records to PDF or otherwise preserve them in case they get deleted?