Software update has been trying to download for more than 24 hours now and is still running; why?
Firefox announced a software update. I accepted and it has been trying to connect to the update server for more than 24 hours now. The mozilla program itself seems to be working fine, but I've just never seen this before. My Mac is less than 6 months old and I have no issues with any other programs. I've tried to run this update before and the same thing happens. This time I thought I'd wait it out, but this is a little crazy. What's going on with the update?
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.01
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Download and update your firefox to latest version of Firefox 18.0.1
Hello mikekim1212, If there is an issue with update or permissions the better and safest way is to download and install firefox:
1. Download a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.
see also: Installing Firefox on Mac
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.