Private Browsing has a mind of it's own
Okay about a month ago my private browsing would turn on when I opened Firefox. So I would turn it back off, and then do whatever I came to do. But then when I would close the browser and open it again, private browsing would turn on again. I'd done everything, and finally, a couple weeks later, I got it to stop. So it'd been about 2 weeks and it wasn't turning back on, but just today it did it again!! What is going on?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Unity Player 3.5.2f2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Check this link
I tried and it didn't work.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Also check that you do not start Firefox with the -private command line switch.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see: