I cannot access my page set up. When I select page set up I get a blank screen
I tried resetting the margins on my page set up in print preview because it was cutting off the edges of of a page and I got a blank screen. I believe I had set the margins to .2 right and left. Now if I try to go into page set up it greys out the options until I hit escape. I cannot get into set up to change the margins and cannot print any pages. I have rebooted and shut down the computer. This only seems to affect items I look up in using Firefox. I can still print in word and Excel and other office programs. I am running Windows on a lenovo W500.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Firefox stores a lot of printer-specific settings in its preferences that you might try clearing. In the following article, check the "Reset all Firefox printer settings" section: Fix printing problems in Firefox. Does that help?
Edit: In the previous section, where you use the right-click reset approach in about:config, you can try that for all the settings for your printer. It's a lot of clicks, but might be more comfortable than editing a settings file by hand.
Modified by jscher2000
I tried all three suggestions in the article provided and in I do not have a firefox botton I can select. When I to into file the and select the drop down for page set up but page goes blank and I have to hit escape to get out of it. For the second I had to open and second firefox window to get about config to work and it did not give access to the reset drop down it was grey out. For the third it says to open my profile folder which I could not find. I have Windows 7 so not sure if that makes a difference over Windows XP
I tried down loading the latest version of Firefox and that did not fix the problem either. it is isolated to this computer non of my other computers in the house have the same problem.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
For future reference, Firefox can be set to display a full menu bar instead of the Firefox button. You can switch back and forth using:
Alt+v or View menu > Toolbars > Menu bar
After using Reset, your old profile folder will appear on the desktop under a name similar to "Old Firefox Settings". I recommend you keep this folder for a while until you are sure you aren't missing anything critical.