I went to options, and selected the NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES check box, but Firefox still automatically updates.
I know this because it says Firefox just updated on startup.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
< I always save the settings - I checked and saw that the NEVER CHECK FOR UPDATES option was still selected - maybe firefox has a problem with that option >