Why does Firefox not auto fill in the location bar for bookmarks, tags and webpages?
With the following Firefox 18.0.1 settings on MAC OS X 10.8.2 the auto fill in does not work at all:
History: Remember Location Bar: History and Bookmarks
While I was browsing through the forum I found this article:
So I changed browser.urlbar.autoFill.typed to false and since then auto fill in works for webpages, bookmarks and tags. Should auto fill in not work with the option set to true??
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 126.96.36.19912
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.5
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 173
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0