I have extensions and use them every day, but when I look using tools>add-ons>extensions there is nothing there. If I click on appearance or add-ons I see something, but extensions just gives a blank screen. Oh, get add-ons simply says 'loading'.
I know my extensions are there, but why can't I see them? I used to be able to. I use XP and FireFox 17 (I think).
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
When in Safe Mode...
- The status of plug-ins is not affected.
- Custom preferences are not affected.
- All extensions are disabled.
- The default theme is used, without a persona.
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
- The default toolbar layout is used.
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
This all seems rather complicated. I was going to try something when I read that all my open tabs would be deleted so nothing has been done yet.
Good news: I noticed that all my plug ins and extensions are visible when using Thunderbird :/
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.