Is there a way to protect the download list and/or history so they can't be cleared/deleted?
I use the same computer as the rest of my family. Although I am ostensibly the administrator I use the family logon for normal use. I ask the rest of my family to not clear the download list because I like to keep track of what's been downloaded in case something with a virus or something like that is downloaded. I also like to keep track of the web sites my children access, so I would like to keep the History as well. Unfortunately, my oldest has learned how to delete history that she doesn't want me to see. Is there something in Firefox, or Mozilla in general, that can allow me to keep the things and if so how would I proceed?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1994
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- 3D Life Player Beta (188.8.131.52). For more information, visit the 3D Life Player web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Use security software or a router with a build-in password protected logging feature if you want to keep a record of visited websites.
You can't prevent people from deleting the history and other personal (private) data in Firefox and a log elsewhere will always work even if other browser would be used.