Firefox 18.0, win7, & IE 9 - constant screen freezup, slow i.net speed - everything else working AOK - solution ??
Operating a single DSL line; direct to a desktop PC operating Win Xp. with a parallel feed via wireless router to a Win 7 laptop.
Both PC's operate normally on everything; SW, browsers, web pages, if Firefox is not used with Win 7 on the Laptop.
When Firefox 18.0 is used with Win. 7 on laptop - both PC's show slowness, freezing etc.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Picasa plugin
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.119
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.