When I open Mozilla, I get two windows. The one on top is identified as "User Registration"; it is blank except for the line, "%brandDTD; %browserDTD; %baseMenuDTD; %charsetDTD; %textcontextDTD; %customizeToolbarDTD; %placesDTD; %safebrowsingDTD; %aboutHomeDTD; %debuggerDTD; ]>", at the top. If I close that page, my usual home page is right behind it. It is apparently causing no actual problems, but is disconcerting. What is this page, is it asking me to do something (if so, what), and, if not, is there a way to stop it from appearing?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thanks for the suggestion. I did as instructed, but it made no difference. I still get that "User Registration" page in addition to my home page. As I said, it appears not to be hurting anything; all I have to do is close it, but it just makes me wonder what's happening now that hasn't happened before.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.