Firefox crashes when any tab in a open window is closed or when i restart the program after taking off toolbars. fix this?
The Firefox program crashes whenever a tab is closed in any window. I tried to solve this problem by disabling my Norton add-on tool bar but the process requires me to restart Firefox. I have tried multiple times but the program crashes instead of restarting so the tool-bar cant be disabled. How can i fix the issue?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.113
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled