Message: This page isn't re-directing properly....server redirecting address...way that will never complete. Why?
When I try to use my google toolbar and also when I tried to establish a linkedin account, I get the following message: "This page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." HOW DO I FIX THIS? Thanks for your help. Becky Carlson
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that aren't send or otherwise blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
i had this problem yesterday. last week, i was in Perth Australia and i made my account on a website there. the website is kind of website that always needs location of user for social stuff. after i registered for my account, the site directly detected and saved my location was Perth. two days ago, i came back to Jakarta Indonesia the place where i live and then i tried to log into the site and Firefox said "This page isn't re-directing properly...". i tried to remove cookies, all cookies, or clearing all history data but they didnt solve the problem. and then i suddenly realized the location. there is a mobile app for the site. i could log into the site via mobile and then i changed the location immediately to Jakarta. finally, i could log into the site via Firefox on computer.
not only on Firefox i had this problem. on other browsers i had this problem too.
Modified by mindfreeze