Firefox Deleted all my passwords and won't prompt to save passwords anymore
About a week or so ago, for some reason all my saved passwords were deleted from firefox. When trying to re-enter them, I noticed that no matter what site I tried, I never got prompted to save them anymore. It's not an issue with add-ons because I haven't added on an extension in months. I've tried all suggestions even upgrading to the 19.0 beta and nothing has worked.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 220.127.116.1176
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_38 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
As you have mentioned that you have tried all suggestions, I would like to confirm if you have performed the following steps:
- Click to Tools tab located at the top in Firefox window
- Click on Options
- Click on Security tab
- In the Passwords panel check mark the check box Remember passwords for sites
- Click on OK
Please verify and let us know the result.
It is possible that there is a problem with the key3.db and signons.sqlite files that store the encrypted names and passwords in Firefox.
Rename the key3.db and signons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
You can add .old to the file names (key3.db.old and signons.sqlite.old) or move them to another folder to make it possible to undo the action.
You need to set a new Master Password after renaming or deleting key3.db and all currently saved passwords are lost.
If that has worked then you can remove the renamed files that are no longer needed.
Funny how life works sometimes. The day after I posted this topic, my passwords came back and it's prompting me to save them again. Have no idea how or why.
Thanks anyways guys.