How do I get rid of isearch.fantastigames. I was downloading a free CCLEANER and followed instructions. The next time I booted up, it was there.
http://isearch.fantastigames.com/439 keeps on coming up on my webpage instead of Mozilla/Yahoo. I cannot get rid of it. Is this MALWARE? My PCPITSTOP expired so I searched for a pc cleaner and found CCLEANER and downloaded it. Followed instructions and the next time I started FIREFOX, it was now my new search engine. I hope that I am phrasing this right. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You have downloaded CCleaner from page that bundles downloads with various toolbars. So while you are not infected with malware, you got a PUP - potentially unwanted application. What you should do: 1. Go through your addons list and remove everything you do not recognize 2. Reset your search providers in Firefox AND in other browsers (it is likely to affect all main browsers on your PC, no mater which one you use) For firefox: [[Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page|https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/remove-toolbar-has-taken-over-your-firefox-search]] For other browsers you can try this one 3. Scan with anti-adware programs
I got rid of it. Check your Control Panel uninstall programs to make sure that part of it is gone. Next I used the registry editor to find the unwanted entries - there are about 30 entries. Use the search term: fantasti Then delete the reference to it. Rince and repeat. Detailed information on the process that I used here: http://www.gigharbortimes.com/index.php/how-to-remove-the-isearch-fantastigames-com-virus/