Why Can't I create a new folder in yahoo email? (I can if I use Internet Explorer)
I still use yahoo email a lot. I am also a big fan of firefox. But today I noticed a problem. I wanted to move an email to a new folder but I can't get yahoo to give me a prompt so that I can put in a folder name. Also I wanted to print an email an email and I can't get the print box to come up. Usually all I have to do is click on actions and then print message. Firefox usually brings up it's popup blocker, and then I tell it it is ok to allow popups from yahoo. But right now it won't give me that. I tried turning off my popup blocker, and that didn't seem to help either. I also noticed that whenever I click on things in my email stuff seems kinda slow. It says "loading" for while and then does or doesn't do what I want it to do. At first I thought maybe the problem is flash player. I did a flash player re install, but that didn't help. I decided to bring out Internet Explorer just in case that I could get my email to work with that browser. I was surprised to discover that everything worked perfectly in Internet Explorer. Then I decided maybe Firefox should be reinstalled. I uninstalled Firefox and then downloaded a new copy of it. Then I rebooted, and installed the new copy. The browser is noticeably faster and smoother then the old install but I am still having trouble with it and my yahoo email.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I just did a test in google chrome. I can not create a folder under google chrome, but I can create a folder under Internet Explorer.
I decided to create a video demonstrating what is not working right.