I recently updated to Firefox 18.0.1 on my Macbook Pro, and I have noticed a few issues;
1) Google Maps won't function, I can load up a map, but is stays with a 'Loading...' and then 'Still loading... Slow? Use the troubleshooting guide or basic HTML.' message. I have performed the steps provided in troubleshooting to no avail
2) Problem viewing thumbnail videos on the right hand side bar of YouTube. Usually I am able to see the video thumbnails, but I have noticed it now does not show an image at all
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.