Someone has hijacked my email and is sending links to all of my contacts!
Just got online to find I have 38 failure notices from emails I didn't send. In a copy of each message, there is a link at the bottom for something I've never heard of, and it appears that someone is sending these links in my name to everyone on my contact list. What should I do???
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I'm sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately this is the Firefox support forum and you will need to find help in your email provider.
For now, I will recommend you to change the password of your email address. I can't give you the specific steps because that changes from provider to provider.