Firefox jumps back to previous pages unprompted. I am about to go back to IE
Firefox goes "back" erratically and on it's own, loses content typed into emails, generally annoying to the point of I am about to quit and use another browser. have the latest update and have tried your solutions (which cost me all my bookmarks) Even the first version of this note I am writing was lost because the window changed back in mid-typing.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Been there, done that. Fail. Still jumps all around.
Is there a chance this is related to my wireless keyboard and mouse. It does seem to trigger most often when using the mouse or, for instance, hitting the spacebar on the keyboard.