I had installed Firefox v17 and it was running. I installed a copy of Norton PC Tools and ran clean-up which removes temp internet files, cookies and other things. After running Norton, some web pages do not format correctly.
Instead of the tags being displayed in the boxes or frames across the entire real estate of the web page, only text, no picture or graphics, appear and all text appears on the left side of the screen.
This happens with only a few web pages.
I tried upgrading to Firefox v18 and also uninstalled and installed v18 again. This did not fix the problem.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Please note that running third-party tools like this not only can break things, it isn't very useful. We recommend you stay away from them.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.