lately when i go onto a web page where some sort of error I can not go back to redo the URL it keeps remembering the wrong address no matter what I type. When I type in a credit card URL I get sent to an error page but if I go the IE I can enter the web site correctly When my wife go into facebook she can not get into a second account. Mozilla remembers one account and will not let her enter a second account. Help Tim
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
There could be a few different things go on here.
(1) When you start typing an address, Firefox will auto-fill the rest of the address from your history. To avoid that, you can turn off the auto-fill feature and just go with what you typed or choose from the drop-down.
The steps to turn that off are here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/awesome-bar-find-your-bookmarks-history-and-tabs#w_prevent-firefox-from-automatically-completing-urls
(2) Firefox often will cache page results even when retrieval fails in some way. When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(A) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
(You also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now")
(B) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first) using either of these. While viewing a page on the site:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
(3) Some add-ons or malware may redirect your requests for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully it isn't that.
Regarding the Facebook account issue, Facebook sets a cookie so you do not have to log in on every visit. In order to use a second account, you probably need to sign out of the first account. If Firefox automatically signs you back in to that first account, delete the automatic logon here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Security tab
Look for the "Saved Passwords" button
Thanks It seems like auto fill and Cache is all of a sudden a big problem with newer versions of Firefox for me. Tim
- March 21, the site will be in read only mode for 4 hours for a maintenance. If you are trying to ask a question and an article does not solve your issue, please find one of our partner sites for more help: @firefox, /r/firefox on reddit, and Mozillazine.org, we will have community standing by. Or live on our IRC channel - https://client02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mozilla.org channel #sumo