lately when i go onto a web page where some sort of error I can not go back to redo the URL it keeps remembering the wrong address no matter what I type. When I type in a credit card URL I get sent to an error page but if I go the IE I can enter the web site correctly When my wife go into facebook she can not get into a second account. Mozilla remembers one account and will not let her enter a second account. Help Tim
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
There could be a few different things go on here.
(1) When you start typing an address, Firefox will auto-fill the rest of the address from your history. To avoid that, you can turn off the auto-fill feature and just go with what you typed or choose from the drop-down.
The steps to turn that off are here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/awesome-bar-find-your-bookmarks-history-and-tabs#w_prevent-firefox-from-automatically-completing-urls
(2) Firefox often will cache page results even when retrieval fails in some way. When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
(A) Bypass Firefox's Cache
Use Ctrl+Shift+r to reload the page fresh from the server.
(You also can clear Firefox's cache completely using:
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Cached Web Content : "Clear Now")
(B) Remove the site's cookies (save any pending work first) using either of these. While viewing a page on the site:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
- Alt+t (open the classic Tools menu) > Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
(3) Some add-ons or malware may redirect your requests for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully it isn't that.
Regarding the Facebook account issue, Facebook sets a cookie so you do not have to log in on every visit. In order to use a second account, you probably need to sign out of the first account. If Firefox automatically signs you back in to that first account, delete the automatic logon here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Security tab
Look for the "Saved Passwords" button
Thanks It seems like auto fill and Cache is all of a sudden a big problem with newer versions of Firefox for me. Tim
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.