can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I hate it. It clogs up my computer. How can I get rid of it?
Can I uninstall Internet Explorer completely? I have chosen Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser and I like it. Internet Explorer always seems to be doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes and it takes forEVER to do anything. I hate it. I want it gone. Can I do that (and still have my computer function properly)?
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I'm not sure if you can remove IE entirely if you have a Windows system but I would suggest you to have a look on the Windows support forums, they should have more details on how to do this.
It is not recommended to uninstall IE on Windows XP. You can disable IE instead and you won't see the desktop shortcut.