how to turn off automatic update?
Every time I start firefox it takes 5 minutes because checking if plugins are compatible with this version. I can understand the first time I upgrade but happens every time. How do I stop this? JBgarod
Additional System Details
- RadioRage Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- HP Pit Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Winamp Application Detector
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software has virtualization or sandbox features that may cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
go to About:config and find plugins.hide_infobar_for_outdated_plugin then double-click on it, to toggle it to "TRUE".
Modified by Andrew
Hi all, thanks for the replies but it didn't work. I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled and then had further problems in that I couldn't install any add ons. I spent a couple of days at it and gave up. I am now using chrome and have uninstalled Firefox as I coundn't find out how to download an earlier version. Tks again. JBGarrod