In Firefox 18.0.1 on Windows XP, pages will not load until I hit reload
In Firefox 18.0.1 on Windows XP, many pages will not load initially. They will sit, blank, with the little spinning circle. If I hit reload, they immediately load. I have verified that all plugins are up to date (AdBlock Plus and Web Of Trust) and that I have the latest version of Java. I also have added Firefox as an exception to Windows Firewall, and verified that no proxies are set.
Additional System Details
- Version 220.127.116.1109
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY MyCamera Download Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.