UNC Paths to network drive does not open a batch file.
Hi All, i am having a problem where i cannot open a link to batch file on the network drive in FF even with the latest v18. I have the following paths to the network drive and under IE it opens the link and prompts for me to Run/Save/cancel on File Download - Security Warning window but not FF, nothing happens in FF.
A work around is to apply few plugins (opendownload.xpi and opendownload2-3.2.1-fx+sm.xpi) to user ff settings and it works. It is not a good workaround because the respective settings varies from users to users.
copy of the link: file:///T:/xx%xx%xx/xx/xx.bat under my computer the path is: T:\xx xx xx\xx\xx.bat
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
- Novell iPrint Scriptable Plug-in provides functions for the iPrint Map Designer
- Novell ZENworks Remote Management Viewer and Listener Launcher
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0