Firefox lost bookmarks when updating. Was using os 10.4.11 only found 1 profile with none of my bookmarks. Currently using latest OS
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Which Mac OS X version and which Firefox version are you currently using?
os 10.8.2 Firefox 17.0.1
Did you find a places.sqlite file in the profile folder or JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder?
- /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<profile>/
In Mac OS X v10.7 and later, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.
Open Finder and use one of these:
- Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
- Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html Access hidden user library files
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.