when first opening Firefox a small translucent rectangle approx 3cm x2cm appears in the top left corner it then immediately disapears
could this be a tracker?
I have googled to no effect disabling Addons then restarting doesn't work, and i cant find out how to disable hardware accelerator. I have completely reinstalled the os I have three on separate partitions I'm using ubuntu11.10 Atm but this happens on all my linux os' I haven't checked windows yet though any advise would be welcome.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can also check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
I have started in safe mode. I have formatted and reloaded the entire operating system I have reset Firefox But still have the problem I have Three partitions with two different versions of Ubuntu 11.10 ...12.04 they all have the same symptom, But windows7 doesn't
I also want to join this conversation, because I also see this translucent rectangle then firefox starts. I have Firefox 16.0 on virtual machine and it doesn't exhibit this behaviour. I am sure this is not a bug, but it looks ugly. Firefox is very good browser and should show its main window immediately.
Firefox 19 (Linux x86_64) solved this issue.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.