Something broken font rendering in latest version?
Since beta automatic update today has now for some reason broken font rendering using gdipp and has defaulted to the cleartype rendering which I am unable to read.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 22.214.171.12476
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Try to set the gfx.content.azure.enabled pref to false or if this didn't help disable Direct2D by setting the gfx.direct2d.disabled pref to true on the about:config page and leave hardware acceleration otherwise enabled.
Modified by cor-el
I've made these changes, however since the newest beta update it now no longer makes any difference to the fonts.