This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How do I remove speedypc security alerts from some web pages
On some of my web pages I get a box that says "(##) Security Alerts Found. View Now - Close". If I click on view now I get a window that wants me to download software from SpeedyPC. Does anyone know how to remove this CRAP?
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked