Extremely slow upload speeds with Mac OS X 10.8.2 and Firefox 18.0.1. Safari and Chrome works fine with Mac OS X and Firefox works fine on the Win 7 partition.
I am uploading some files to YouTube and other sides, each nominally about 50 MB using a dedicated 4 Mbit/s ethernet connection. When testing this connection using a PC and a Mac, the only configuration that doesn't work is Firefox with the Mac. Using any browser (including Firefox) on Windows 7 on a PC is fine, same with using Firefox, Chrome or IE on the Windows 7 partition of my MacBook Pro. Uploading on the MacBook Pro (running OS X 10.8.2) is fine with Safari and Chrome, but the files are taking 7x as long using Firefox (18.0.1) and Mac (OS X 10.8.2). What is unique about Firefox and Mountain Lion that is causing this? Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 18.104.22.16809
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- NDS Player Plugin
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0