Every time I open firefox, it opens up in a small window on the top, like it only displays the address bar. I have to resize it to do or see anything. It also doesn't restore my previous session, even though it is set to. I can go to file/exit and it will open correctly, but I never have had to before, so something is different. I have been using Firefox for multiple years and this is the only time I have been frustrated with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck, i cleared cache, history, cookies, etc. Please help
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.