How do I get a website in the website lines pull down menu?
If I click on the location bars (the place where http addresses are shown) down arrow thepull down menu has a list of a dozen websites that I have been to. Some are very old and have not been visited for over one year. Some have been visited last week. None of the websites I have visited yesterday (this week) are there. Why? There is one wbsite that I would like to see here because I go to it all the time, but it never appears; how do I get it to be there?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- 20-20 3D Viewer for IKEA - Mozilla Plug-In v18.104.22.168
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
There is no way to edit what goes there. The list is populated with bookmarks first then with sites with the keywords you typed in and it will show the most visited first.
Maybe use a bookmark on the Bookmarks Toolbar if you visit the site that frequently.
The address that I want to go here is one that was book market years ago. I go there frequently but does not appear on list. Why are other web addresses there that I do not go too?
That requires three steps. 1) open the book marks, 2) click onthe book mark, 3) close the book mark menu downsothe screen has more room. If the address appears in the location bar, it requires only step 1 & 2.
Who can explain why the websites never change on the location bar? They have been the same for two years.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.