Why has my bookmarks folder disappeared from my bookmarks bar in Firefox?
I can see my bookmarks folder at the top in the menu, but it used to be accessible in my bookmarks bar also. I am not missing my bookmarks from either folder or bar. This happened after the last upgrade. How can I fix this? Thank you
You only see the Bookmarks Menu button on the Bookmarks Toolbar if the menu bar is hidden and the (orange) Firefox menu button is shown instead. That button will appear on the Navigation Toolbar if the bookmarks toolbar is hidden and can be dragged to another position (toolbar) if the customize window is open.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Google Update
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hey May be u got too many bookmark links to the left of your bookmark folder ..
Or. if u find your bookmark folder (New folder in my case) else where than to be under Bookmarks Toolbar drag it back into toolbar
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
Before upgrading I had access to my regular bookmarks in a drop down folder on the same line as my Bookmarks toolbar as seen in attached image.
You only see the Bookmarks Menu button on the Bookmarks Toolbar if the menu bar is hidden and the (orange) Firefox menu button is shown instead. That button will appear on the Navigation Toolbar if the bookmarks toolbar is hidden and can be dragged to another position (toolbar) if the customize window is open.
Thank you for all your help!! You are appreciated!!