How do I keep from being prompted every time i go to a new site?
Even though a password is stored for each site, I still have to click through the login, even when I am going to a site with saved login information. I would rather it just go without ever asking, as other browsers do. I find this security feature very irritating.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in Private Browsing mode.
Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Site Preferences" and the "Cookies" as this doesn't take exceptions into account, but removes all specified data.
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.