I downloaded and used Mcafee "quickclean" to clean up cookies & cache & since that time the web sites I visit do not come up the same way as they did before. Plus passwords need to be added.
I called McaFee & they pointed out that it works fine on Internet Explorer, but I always used Firefox & do not want to change. And I know the problem is with their program since it started when I used they're program. Thanks!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
It is best to avoid us internal programs to cleanup Firefox profile data and use build-in Firefox means.
Websites remembering you and automatically log you on is stored in a cookie.
If such a cookie is removed then you need to log in once again to the server.
- Create an allow cookie exception (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions) to keep such a cookie, especially for secure websites and if cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
Do not use Clear Recent History to clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences" as this doesn't take exceptions into account.
Clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Thanks for replying Cor-el.
I went to Tools > Options > Privacy > but I didn't see " Cookies: Exceptions" the only thing mentioning cookies was "remove individual cookies" is that what you referring to?
I was wondering if you had a chance to see my reply?
The path that you mentioned was not on my browser, thanks.
To see all History and Cookie settings, choose:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
Yes, that helped big time, thank you.
The only thing I'm not getting is certain photo's. I'm a member of Meetup.com and some pictures are still not showing up. But it is much better, thanks!!!!!!
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in "Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions"
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
Make sure that you do not block third-party images, the permissions.default.image pref should be 1.
There are also extensions like Adblock Plus (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images and other content.
Thanks again Cor-el I'm looking into this.
I really appreciate your help!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.