Mozilla Firefox has problems recently, I have two computers, both have this problems in the same time.
The problem is: when I click the firefox icon to open the Firefox explorer, it can not open first pages, and in 3-7 seconds, it will close automatically, this make me not able to use the firefox.
When I open the firefox explorer, and immediately I click the the "tool" and "option" and do something in the option, then the firefox explorer will remain open. and then it works well.
What is the problem? and how to resolve this problems?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more crash reports that have this format:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.
I disable all "plug-in" include followings, and now it has no problems, thanks.
1. Adobe Acrobat 18.104.22.168 2. Java Deployment Toolkit 6.0.310.5 6.0.310.5 3. Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U31 6.0.310.5 4. Microsoft DRM 22.214.171.1243 5. QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.2a63 126.96.36.199 6. RealPlayer Version Plugin 188.8.131.528 7. RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled... 184.108.40.2060 8. Shockwave Flash 11.3.300.262 9. Silverlight Plug-In 5.1.10411.0 10 Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Li... 220.127.116.119
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.