autocomplete no longer works for me.
It used to be my e-mail and facebook accounts would recognize names. For example, if I wanted to send an e-mail to Joesmith@google.com, i would hit the "j" key and all the names or addresses that start with "J" would pop up. That no longer happens.
same with facebook. If i wanted to tag someone, I would start typing their name, and it would show a list of people as well.
That no longer happens. As recently as Friday the 25th it worked fine.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
- Tools > Options > Privacy > History: "Remember search and form history"