My "Home" button has disappeared. The < and >, heretofore at the left, have disappeared. How do I get them back?
I have Firefox 18.0.1. I have Mac OS X 10.6.8.
The items (home button and <> buttons) went missing yesterday morning. Was there an update? Also there is no space for a URL. Going to "view>toolbar>customize>reset" does not help; in fact when I go there everything magically reappears, then is gone when I click "done".
Maybe I should uninstall?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Motive Mac Client Downloader
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- npmnqmp 071705000010
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Since I have no <> functions, if I go to Help>Trouble-shooting info I cannot get back to this page and I have to start over. Wouldn't know what to copy and paste, anyway.
My e-mail address is email@example.com. I say that because if I leave this page I may never find it again. I hope any suggestions can be sent to my e-mail address.